Friday, February 15, 2008

Reminder of House Rules

Hey everyone,
I know that this semester is crazy, but I would really like to have a staff training before the month is over. Until then, I would like to remind all you lovely people on some "house rules" to follow. You all are doing an amazing job, so please don't think that this means you're not :)


  • Friends. Friends will see you working in here and it is okay to have them come in and say hi. However, it is not acceptable for friends to be in the way of our customer service. Please, if your friends come in and it is busy, make sure that they are out of the way and NEVER behind the desks.
  • Despite some of the leniency of last semester, I am going to be a bit more strict with some rules. Please do not use your cell phone in this office. If you need to call or take a call, please step outside to do so. Texting is okay if there are absolutely no customers around!
  • Homework is acceptable to do in the office, so is surfing the web, etc. However, please make sure that you do that AFTER you have made sure that there are absolutely no tasks left in the office. So, be sure to file, maintain bulletin boards, email event tracking forms, enter SR cards, check and respond to emails, etc., etc., etc., before anything else!

One more thing, Byron has asked that the bulletin boards are maintained better. I want us to check them for random flyers pushed through the cracks TWICE a day if possible (in morning and in afternoon). This will allow us to keep them better maintained. If you notice that the same groups are putting flyers through the cracks, please let me know.

You all are so awesome and thanks for starting off this semester really great!!!

-Becca

No comments: